Sunday, July 11, 2010

3 is 3. 4 is not.

I have been seeing God in life lately, probably more than I ever have before. I have been interning for Mayfair since May 21st, and tonight, all the build up of good things God has been doing this summer, hit a high point. Instead of writing about what happened tonight, I would rather write about what has been on my heart concerning Him over the past several hours. God IS Love. God is so close to us, He doesn't come and go. I read something yesterday that will stick with me forever, "God is closer to us than the blood in our veins". Take a moment, and actually think about what that means. He never leaves us, ever. He is inside us at all times. His light is always shining, it is just up to us if we always see it or not. Also, I was listening to beautiful ending by barlowgirl while reading crazy love a few days ago. And it hit me, right there as I read, the same day that I taught a class on Ephesians 3, the chapter of God's "mysterious plan revealed", that I have a calling. We all are called to a different part of God's master plan. God knew us before we existed. He knew that I was going to eat chicken nuggets for dinner tonight. He knew who my second grade teacher was going to be, you get the point. Jeremiah 1:5 says that we were knit together in our mother's womb by God. Love is everywhere. And whether you believe it or not, God is always at work. He is constantly at work in our lives, and it is up to us whether we see His light, or the darkness that tries to put it out. Darkness tries to put out God's light at all times. Those with Jesus as their "firm foundation" have always known that Jesus is their actual foundation. Parallel this to the idea of we are all children, who know that 3 is 3. Hold up 3 fingers. Your whole life, you have known that 3 is three, not four. Now hold up 4 fingers. You know that is 4. Now 3 again. Imagine you walk into a room filled with your peers. Everyone literally believes that your three fingers equals four. Everyone is holding up 3 fingers like you are, and they are all telling you that it is four. This is what evil is like. Temptation, alongside with darkness, tries to consume us and God's light inside us. We know that Jesus is our foundation. But the lies we are told by the constant darkness around us make us want to believe that our "3's" are actually "4's." Allow me to close with this. You know what is right, you have known your whole life. Don't let everyone who believes that 4 is 3, which is a lot of people in this world, convince you that what you know to be true deep down, is not. Let your 3 be 3. and nothing else.

Peace and Love from up above,

Litz

No comments:

Post a Comment